Forum Thread

Donald Trump Leads The Pack For Republican Nomination

Reply to ThreadDisplaying 5 Posts
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        

    23%. That's the current percentage of Republican voters nationally polled that say they would vote for Donald Trump, over all other 16 candidates currently running for nomination.

    That's a whole 10% more than his closest competition at the moment, being Jeb Bush (currently polling at 13%).

    The rest of the voting pie is divided among the other 15 candidates, with the likes of Walker, Huckabee, Carson, Cruz, Rubio, Rand, and finally Christie getting a majority of the other voter's consideration.

    So, with this being fact, what does this say to you about Donald Trump's actual chances of winning the Republican nomination? Being that he doesn't have any experience in a government position, do you think he seriously has a chance against someone like Bush or Walker, in the long run?

    The one thing Trump does have going for him is that he is very rich. And running a campaign takes money over all else. So if any one candidate had the means to fund themselves to victory, it definitely would be Trump.

  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    bryce28 Wrote: So, with this being fact, what does this say to you about Donald Trump's actual chances of winning the Republican nomination? Being that he doesn't have any experience in a government position, do you think he seriously has a chance against someone like Bush or Walker, in the long run?

    I think he has little to zero chance of being the Republican nominee, but he is quite entertaining to watch!

  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    I know Trump seems to think of himself as the 'fix' for all of Americas problems. But honestly to me, he is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with it. Billionaire, cartoonie, loudmouth that works his way as close to the top as he can. While shaming other countries with is nose held high in the air on his way there. This is not in any shape or form what this country needs. This is what the rest of the world hates us for. Yes, some may think it is entertaining. Though I urge those to remember, just because you are glued to reality tv, that is NOT real life.
  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    PentagonWall Wrote: I know Trump seems to think of himself as the 'fix' for all of Americas problems. But honestly to me, he is the embodiment of everything that is wrong with it. Billionaire, cartoonie, loudmouth that works his way as close to the top as he can. While shaming other countries with is nose held high in the air on his way there. This is not in any shape or form what this country needs. This is what the rest of the world hates us for. Yes, some may think it is entertaining. Though I urge those to remember, just because you are glued to reality tv, that is NOT real life.

    I agree. However, I will say that I think Trump's popularity has far more to do with the rise in anti-government sentiment on the far right and less to do with any of his positions.

    This is one of the times where I'm glad we don't have a parliamentary system like that of Europe. Trump may have the backing of 22% of Republicans, but that means the other 78% of Republicans don't back him. It's a lot different in parliamentary systems where 22% is a sizable chunk of a potential government.

    So he may be the "flavor of the day" for awhile, but I would be baffled if he made it too far into the primary. I will say that it's fun to watch though.

  • Are you sure you want to delete this post?
        
    joe_h419 Wrote: So he may be the "flavor of the day" for awhile, but I would be baffled if he made it too far into the primary. I will say that it's fun to watch though.
    Yea, I think he's an interesting side show during the typically slow and less than exciting early stages of the primary, but I would also be shocked if he made it very far once Republicans start actually casting primary votes in early 2016.